Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

If I was still in the classroom...

There are many perks to this job and the one I like the most is getting into teacher's classrooms.  There are so many great things that I see, that I often say to myself, "If I was still in the classroom, I would definitely be doing this."

Awhile at the ISTE 2014 conference I had the opportunity to listen to Alan November's #1st5days presentation.  As I was reviewing my notes, I saw the idea of creating an intro video and sending it to the students and parents.  This is when I thought, "I would definitely do this if I was still in the classroom."

Since I couldn't do this in my classroom, I decided to send the idea out to my staff.  I sent this a couple examples, gave them some ideas on programs the could use, and a then how they would send it out to the parents/students.

I was very excited to see some of the videos that the teachers were going to send.  Here are a few examples:

My Summer School Example:

Wendy Danner's Introduction
Comment from parent: "THAT was AWESome!!!!!!  Makes me want to come to class!"

Laura Smith's Introduction

Gina Lange's Introduction

I thought all of these videos turned out great and I an guarantee connections were made or the stress of the parents may have decrease a little knowing they have a teacher opening the doors to their classroom.  

Fun idea and I can't wait to see more ideas as the year progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment